9 hot entertaining trends for 2014
Our style panelists weigh in on the food, fun and accessories you’ll want to make your get-togethers special.
1. Bold gold. Gold and metallic accents are everywhere. From throw pillows, to flatware, to this rose gold bar set from Home Goods.
2. Creative spreads. Artisan butters, EVOO and aged balsamic vinegar will share the table with creative, chef-inspired spreads like whipped beet butter and vanilla tapenade. To bring this trend to your next party, try this La Crema Pinot Noir butter.
3. Orchids and anemones. This is a gorgeous example of an all orchid bridal bouquet, so on trend for this year paired with a gold detailed wedding dress. Love. Love. Love. and this arrangement featured by Design Sponge on their Pinterest page is a beautiful example of a stylish arrangement including anemones, and fitting for this year’s trends in the event and entertaining industry. Garden chic is in and this is perfection.
4. Decanters. We all know you have great taste in wine, now let’s make it look good too. Decanters are showing up on tables everywhere this year. Added bonus: Decanting wine improves a wines flavor!
5. Slates, not plates. A striking presentation piece for artisan cheese and charcuteries.
6. Fabric Garlands like this one featured on OnceWed.com have been a feature in events and weddings over the past few years are here to stay, they are an inexpensive item to make that can add big impact to your space.
7. Pantone’s Color of the Year, is radiant orchid. Keep your eyes out for this captivating shade of purple. #coloroftheyear
8. Vintage-style glassware. Fancy crystal stemware is a trendy way to enjoy your glass of La Crema. Sure the shape might not be “perfect” for the type of wine you’re drinking, but who cares? They look cool and are a lot of fun!
9. Roll the dice. Stack up your guest’s mobile phones and pull out the board games. We love sipping Chardonnay and Pinot while playing Jenga, Balderdash, or Uno. If you are feeling like a game with a little more edge, we suggest Cards Against Humanity.