Gourmet meatloaf is one of our favorite comfort foods. And when you invite bacon and parmesan cheese to the party, the result is a rich, flavorful main dish that’s a great match for our complex and savory La Crema Monterey Pinot Noir.
Special thanks to our friend, Chef Tyler Stone for providing us with this terrific recipe!
Author: Chef Tyler Stone
Serves: 2 loaves, (about 4 servings)
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1 egg
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- Strips of bacon
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, ground pork, egg, breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste. If the mixture is too wet, add more breadcrumbs until the meatloaf holds together.
- Form the meat mixture into two small logs and wrap each one with strips of bacon all the way around, starting with the top.
- Heat a sauté pan on high heat with some olive oil to coat. Sauté the bacon wrapped meatloaf seam side down to keep the bacon from falling off and then continue to brown on all sides. Transfer the meatloaf to the hot oven to finish cooking, about 10 to 15 minutes depending on the size of each loaf.
- When the meatloaf is done cooking, let it rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing and then serve.