Pinot Braised Short Ribs
Did we mention we love fall? Here’s another reason: Slow-cooked, braised mains like this incredible Pinot Braised Short Rib recipe from our friends at TeeWii Online!
I’m a fan of every season for different reasons, but I have to say I have a soft spot for fall. I love the cooler weather, comfort food, pumpkin EVERYTHING, changing leaves and red wine. I can’t think of a better way to usher in fall than to host an intimate dinner party for friends, complete with a gorgeous fall tablescape.
In designing my short rib recipe, I wanted to feature the flavors of La Crema Willamette Valley Pinot Noir. This Pinot Noir inspired my inclusion of pomegranates, espresso, orange zest and bay leaves to enhance the flavors of the wine. The meal and the wine were the absolute perfect pairings and my guests raved about how wonderfully they complimented each other.
Braised Short Ribs and Pinot
Recipe type: Entree
- 4 short ribs
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 16 oz jar roasted red sweet peppers, drained and chopped
- salt and pepper to season
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups La Crema Willamette Valley Pinot Noir
- 1 shot espresso
- 1 cup dried pomegranates
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 bay leaves
- zest of one orange
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 2 sprigs thyme
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a Dutch oven, add olive oil and put on high heat.
- Season short ribs with salt and pepper then dredge in flour.
- Brown on all sides, about 45 seconds per side and remove to plate.
- Add onion, shallots, garlic, and red peppers to Dutch oven and sauté until soft.
- Add pinot noir, espresso, pomegranates, broth, bay leaves, zest, rosemary and thyme and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add short ribs, cover and place in oven for 2 ½ hours.
- Discard bay leaves and sprigs.
- Serve over roasted garlic mashed potatoes and spoon sauce over short ribs and potatoes.
A dinner party doesn’t have to be stressful or a ton of work. Create a menu you can prep ahead of time and enjoy your guests! To find out how to create this festive fall tablescape, visit TeeWii.com.