No-Carve Halloween Pumpkins
Halloween is a week away! Haven’t done any decorating yet? No worries–here are two super quick jack-o-lantern alternatives that require no carving at all! So grab a friend, pour some wine (La Crema’s Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir is perfect for a chilly fall day of Halloween celebrations), and get crafting!
- Two or three pumpkins
- A can of shimmery gold spray paint
- Mod Podge or other crafting glue
- Paper plates
- Clear acrylic sealing spray
For a shiny gold pumpkin–
- Outside or in a well-ventilated area, set up a spray painting station with some newspaper, brown paper bags from the grocery store, or an old tablecloth.
- Wipe off any dirt that may be on your pumpkin.
- Using slow, even strokes, spray the entire pumpkin. Let it dry thoroughly (time varies on brand of paint) before displaying. Enjoy it!
For a glittery gold pumpkin–
- Wipe any dirt away with a damp paper towel, let dry.
- Pour some Mod Podge into a paper plate. Dip paint brush and paint a thin layer of glue over the pumpkin.
- Over another paper plate, sprinkle glitter onto the pumpkin. Re-use anything that falls off, or if you’re using a small pumpkin, roll it around in the excess glitter. Repeat until the whole pumpkin is covered.
- Let dry for about a half hour and spray the entire thing with acrylic sealer–this will keep the glitter from flaking off and making a mess in your house!
Photos by Sarah Gatrell of Photo + Love.