Summer Tapas Party: Shrimp Cocktail Sliders
Part of the fun of having a tapas party is getting creative, so instead of a traditional shrimp cocktail, we decided to go in a different direction and make shrimp cocktail sliders. I love shrimp cocktails at parties, especially in the summer months, but if you’re up and about and have a glass of wine in one hand, they can be a little hard to enjoy; which is why I thought it would be perfect to pull everything together into an easy-to-handle bite with a dinner roll and a fresh crunch of lettuce.
To make prep a little easier, I bought pre-cooked shrimp from the seafood counter of my supermarket and I left the tails on, even though they’re going on a sandwich. You could easily remove the tails before serving, I just love the presentation of shrimp with the tails.
These little sandwiches are super delicious and they turn out so pretty, too! They’re even better with a glass of La Crema’s Monterey Pinot Gris, so don’t forget to pour a few glasses as your guests load up their plate with delicious summer tapas.
Shrimp Cocktail Sliders
Recipe type: Tapas
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp
- 10-12 dinner rolls
- 1/4 cup tartar sauce or plain mayonnaise
- 1 head of lettuce, cut into large pieces
- Cocktail sauce for dipping
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Spread a little tartar sauce or mayo onto each dinner roll.
- Layer lettuce onto each side and top with shrimp. Season with salt and pepper and serve with a side of cocktail sauce for dipping.
- Serve with La Crema’s Monterey Pinot Gris!
Don’t miss the rest of our summer tapas party recipes!
- Shrimp Cocktail Sliders
- Peach and Basil Salad with Burrata
- Dolmas (Stuffed Grape Leaves)
- Goat Cheese Tomato Tarts
Photos by Rémy Thurston.