Feast of the Seven Fishes: Clams Casino with Pancetta
To me, choosing the appetizer menu for a festive cocktail party means finding recipes that give you the biggest impact for the least amount of work. After all, when you’re cooking for a crowd time is not always on your side! In this installment of our Feast of the Seven Fishes cocktail party series, Nicole from Simply Catering shares with us a delicious twist on Clams Casino that delivers the “wow” factor in spades.
The addition of buttery, salty pancetta really makes this dish special. And besides, what would an Italian-themed cocktail party be without delicious cured meats?!
Clams Casino with Pancetta
Author: Nicole Chapman of Simply Catering
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 12 top neck clams
- 2 oz pancetta, chopped in small cubes
- ¾ cup cheery pepper, chopped
- 2 sm shallots, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, diced
- ¼ cups white wine
- 4 tablespoons parmigiano cheese
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Chop and then auté the Pancetta for 2-3 mins until it becomes crispy.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan add 1 tbs of extra virgin olive oil, shallots, garlic, and peppers.
- Saute for about 5 mins.
- Add the wine and the parsley.
- Let the wine evaporate and shut the flame. Let everything cool off and add the Parmigiano, mix well.
- Place the clams in a baking pan and bake at 450 until they open.
- Cover the top of each clam with the mix.
- Bake at 450F for about 5 additional mins.
More recipes from this series:
Feast of the Seven Fishes Menu
- Shrimp Cocktail Shooters
- Mini Lobster Pot Pies
- Clams Casino with Pancetta
- Smoked Salmon and Dill Dip
- Parmesan Stuffed Scallops
- Crab Stuffed Artichokes
- Classic Fried Calamari with a Garlic Aioli Sauce
These little guys will be a hit, and will look so lovely on your table. Nicole served them on a bed of green onions, but kale would also be pretty! I’ll be back with the next recipe soon. In the mean time, be sure to join me over at Camp Makery for more entertaining ideas!