Feast of the Seven Fishes: Shrimp Cocktail Shooters
Succulent shrimp and a tangy cocktail sauce in an easy-to-eat package perfect for your upcoming holiday cocktail party. Part of our reimagined version of the Feast of the Seven Fishes—an Italian Christmas Eve tradition. But you don’t have to be Italian, or even celebrate Christmas to enjoy this sumptuous spread!
Shrimp Cocktail Shooters
Author: Nicole Chapman of Simply Catering
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup Heinz chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice, or more to taste
- ½ tablespoon horseradish
- 12 Shrimp, peeled and deveined (we recommend size 26/31)
- Lemon wheels for garnish
- Combine all cocktail sauce ingredients in a serving bowl and stir to blend, set aside.
- Bring large pot of water to boil. Add shrimp and cook for 3-4 mins until pink.
- Drain and put shrimp in an ice bath.
- Use funnel to pour cocktail sauce into shot glasses.
- Garnish each shooter with one shrimp and one lemon wheel.
- Serve immediately.
More from this series:
Feast of the Seven Fishes Menu
- Shrimp Cocktail Shooters
- Mini Lobster Pot Pies
- Clams Casino with Pancetta
- Smoked Salmon and Dill Dip
- Parmesan Stuffed Scallops
- Crab Stuffed Artichokes
- Classic Fried Calamari with a Garlic Aioli Sauce
I recommend serving your shooters on a beautiful cake platter for visual interest and to assist your guests’ reach. Like all the recipes in this series, pair them with one of La Crema’s exquisite Chardonnays, or their crisp, refreshing Pinot Gris.
Get more culinary inspiration on Pinterest