Crostini 7 Ways
When entertaining guests I love creating an appetizer that’s as easy to make as it is delicious and these two-bite crostinis are just that. Plus with seven different options they’re sure to please even the pickiest eater and are the perfect accompaniment to a glass (or two) of La Crema.
Crostini 7 Ways
- 1-2 loaves of french bread
- olive oil
- Goat Cheese
- Herb Cream Cheese
- 1-2 peaches
- 1 jalepeno
- Smoked Salmon
- Chopped pistachios
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Lime for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cut french bread into 1-2 inch thick slices, brush olive oil on each side and place on a cookie sheet. Bake 5-8 minutes, broil 2-4 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool completely.
Build crostini using the following combinations…
- Goat cheese, peach slices, jalepeno slices
- Goat cheese, fig, balsamic drizzle
- Ricotta, blackberry, honey drizzle, lime garnish
- Ricotta, prosciutto, chopped pistachios, honey drizzle
- Herb cream cheese, smoked salmon, capers
- Herb cream cheese, radishes, chives
- Herb cream cheese, asparagus, chopped radish
Stay tuned for details on how to pair these delicious crostinis with a light, farm-fresh roasted tomato cappelini.
Finally, I will be traveling to the La Crema Winery next week to fulfill a life-long dream by working during their harvest as part of the Virtual Vintner crowdsourcing program. While Virtual Vintners get to set the course for a whole-new La Crema wine, I’ll be learning about the process of turning grapes into one of my favorite beverages! Stay tuned for a boots-on-the-ground digital diary of my experiences at an actual working winery!